No matter how much we emphasize the importance of ‘safety’, a moment of carelessness may put everyone at risk. Here is a quiz to test you on the ‘safety tips’ that need to be remembered by everyone to ensure the safety of all Hyundai E&C employees.
1. Hyundai E&C smart safety management system is called ‘HIoS’.
2. Hyundai E&C uses big data disaster prevention AI to warn on-site risk factors.
1. Which is NOT ‘Hyundai E&C HSE(Health, Safety, Environment) guideline?
① Complying with HSE related laws and regulations and standards
② Maximizing added value of stakeholders including employees
③ Providing safe, healthy and environment-friendly working conditions
④ Building prevention-centered HSE framework
2. Which is NOT an impact that a severe disaster can have on a company?
① Loss of sales, delayed construction period due to partial/complete suspension of operations
② Lower corporate image and trust
③ Administrative sanction according to relevant regulations (fine, suspension of operations, etc)
④ Reduced occupational safety and health management costs due to post-recovery expense
3. Which is the most effective safety measure to prevent unsafe behavior of employees?
① install safety handrail ② install fall prevention net ③ install opening cover ④ monitoring via CCTV
4. What is the name of the system in which the details of work, personnel, risk factors, safety measures, etc. before starting work reviewed by the supervisor reviews and approved by safety and health manager so that only the operations ensuring safety are permitted and implemented?
① Permit To Work system ② Safety violation system ③ Qualification system ④ Health and Safety Management Regulations
5. Which of the following can be considered as occupational safety and health management costs?
① Expenses for safety inspection and check-up costs under other laws and regulations, such as the Construction Technology Promotion Act
② Safety monitoring devices such as CCTV
③ Expenses for traffic safety management measures (traffic signs, PE drums, PE barriers, equipment guides, etc.)
④ Psychotherapy sessions after witnessing a severe disaster
1. O (HIoS: Hyundai Internet of Things Safety System)
2. O (From August, 2020, on-site managers, head of execution team, head of safety team are provided with prediction data)
1. ② (Communication and consideration among stakeholders including employees)
2. ④ (Budget for post-severe disaster recovery generally increases)
3. ④ (No. 1~3 are safety measures to prevent unsafe conditions)
4. ① (Sites need to review risks prior to operations via Permit to Work system)
5. ④ (No. 1~3 are items that cannot be spent as occupational safety and health management cost)
* Terminology Drill Down
‘Green Ocean’ means creating new markets and added value through 'low carbon green management' by contributing to solving problems such as environmental, energy, and climate change by focusing on eco-friendliness. Companies around the world are struggling to implement ESG practice by introducing sustainability-oriented Green Ocean management strategies.