Personnel Management System and
We support our members to enjoy a quality of life through a fair and systematic personnel management system and the highest level of welfare benefits.
Personnel Management System
Hyundai E&C effectively supplements its business activities by operating an impartial and organized personnel management system.
Under the policy of global workforce operation and job rotation, Hyundai E&C rotates its employees between the HQ and sites both in Korea and sites. By doing so, we have helped our employees to grow as global specialists with a well-rounded understanding of business.
Encouragement towards employees to experience various positions (including safety, quality, process) and work overseas
Staffing ratio for each workplace
Hyundai E&C supports employees to continuously develop their competence and improve their work-related skills by analyzing their achievements, strengths, and areas for improvement.
Compensation Level and System
Hyundai E&C provides the highest standard of benefits in line with its reputation as a leading global company, based on the performance of each organization and individual.
- Annual Salary System
- Establishment of a performance-based organizational culture and acceleration of competency improvement through individual performance-based salary raises
- Performance-based Pay System
- Sharing of organization-wide profits among all employees and application of a performance-based pay system
Hyundai E&C applies a promotion system that focuses on performance and capability while precluding seniority, thereby offering opportunities for early promotion to those who demonstrate the highest performance.
- Position System
- Each position has a standard period of stay years. However, an employee may enter a pool of promotion candidates earlier than the standard period if he or she fulfills promotion points
Hyundai E&C develops and operates numerous curriculums for employees as part of an educational support system. We provide customized job training to enhance the capability of each employee and offer English and foreign language courses to increase global competitiveness. We also spare no efforts in offering varied assistance to our staff members to grow into global experts through external programs for professional training and opportunities for training in top overseas companies and research institutes.
Fostering of Newcomer
By running an organized program fostering a newcomer for 4 years, Hyundai E&C assists early adaptation to the corporate culture, thereby helping its employees become an outstanding talent.
- Fostering of New Employees
- A variety of programs are offered, including Understanding Hyundai E&C, On-site OJT, and Teamwork Building Program.
- Mentoring Program
- In the first year of employment, new employees benefit from a year-long systematic mentoring activity to assist their adaptation to our organization through a designated mentor.
- Workshop for New Employees
- In the first year of employment, new employees benefit from a variety of workshop programs to increase their sense of pride in the company and enhance teamwork among co-workers.
Fostering of Global Leaders
Hyundai E&C provides various language programs such as teaching a second foreign language besides English.
- Foreign Language Education
- We offer programs such as an intensive English training course, a course on improving English presentation skills, etc. We help our employees to sharpen their language skills by offering about 500 courses for free on the phone, online, or mobile.
- Global Job Competence
- We assist employees appointed to or returning from overseas sites to grow into global construction specialists and leaders through specialized educational programs.
- Education for Overseas Employees
- We assist employees appointed to or returning from overseas sites or offices to grow into global talents by providing training at HQ during vacation time or online training programs.
Fostering of Construction Specialists
Hyundai E&C carries out assorted training programs and support systems in Korea and overseas to nurture employees into top global construction specialists.
- Internal Job Training System
- Based on the knowhow accumulated since Hyundai E&C’s foundation in 1947, we operate a training course specialized in construction led by internal instructors. All employees are free to enroll in the course in consideration of their own Continuing Professional Development (CDP) from day one after joining the company.
- Placement Training at Top Overseas Companies
- We provide a training program to send employees to top overseas companies, having signed MoUs leading construction companies abroad.
- External Training Support System
- In the absence of an appropriate program for a specific position within Hyundai E&C, we allow employees to undertake external training programs and sponsor the costs incurred.
- Training Support System
- We offer our employees a variety of opportunities for self-development through online job training, various certificates, etc.
Hyundai E&C practices cultural, economic, and welfare policy to ensure a better life of its employees while respecting individual life styles
Employee Lifecycle-oriented Benefits System
We provide a customized benefits system in line with employees’ lifecycles.
- Support for Personal and Family Occasions
- Provision of cash gifts, flower wreaths, etc. on occasions for celebration or consolation, such as a wedding, birth, death, and retirement
- Tuition Support for Employees’ Children
Support to cover the tuition fees of employees’ children
University, special school, etc.
- Health Examination
- Support to cover the costs of health examinations, depending on the job position and workplace location, to ensure the health of employees
- Group Personal Accident Insurance
Subscription to a workplace group insurance for employees, their spouses, and children
Support to cover medical costs in the event of an accident or illness
- Provision of a Welfare Card
- Provision of points to be used for health improvement, leisure activities, education, cultural enjoyment, etc.
- Support for Vehicle Purchases
- Provision of a discount, depending on the job position and number of years in employment, for automobile purchases by employees
- Provision of a Comprehensive Overseas Safety Service
- Provision of specialized medical, security and health information for employees dispatched or appointed to work overseas
- Support for Overseas Vacations
- Support for employees and spouses to go on an overseas vacation after two years of serving overseas
- Support for Vacation Resorts
- Provision of an opportunity for employees to recharge at holiday accommodations such as Haevichi Resort Jeju, Daemyung Resorts, and Hanhwa Resorts
- Internal Employee Welfare Fund
- Support for loans through the employee welfare fund
- Support for Relocation Costs
- Support to cover moving costs when appointed to overseas sites
- Support for Transport Costs
- Support to cover transport costs for employees working overseas away from family to return home